Flipkart - Search Bar

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Author Interview : Sapna Jha, author of ‘The First Trillionaire’



Sapna Jha

Read up, Interview with Sapna Jha, author of 'The First Trillionaire'. In this part of her Interview, she describes her journey of writing the book, what she thought was different about it, which character she feels most close to, how Facebook, Bihar and faith come to play a role in her book, what she thought was the most challenging part of the book, who her favourite author is and why, Folks...

How did ‘The First Trillionaire’ happen? Could you describe the journey?

It was a long journey to completion; a hobby at first. I started writing my first book in 2008, I wrote 180 pages and showed it to publishers and none of them were interested in publishing. Then in 2010, I stopped writing. On 7th September 2015, when my husband got transfer to Bhubaneshwar in Odisha, then I again started with a new concept and new book.
 
I didn’t really think I would ever publish this book ‘The First Trillionaire’, when I started imagining but I had the blessings of goddess. I explained the entire motivation of writing this book in the foreword of this book. I am also publishing my earlier written book, very soon.

In fact, a prominent publisher had a ‘wow’ feel for that book.

How did the main characters, Shail and Olivia come about? How much of you, was in there?

I am neither in Shail nor in Olivia, however I was fascinated with banking career and I was friendly with many young recruits of the government bank.
They were coming from diverse backgrounds and many of them had very basic education, but still competing with the passouts from the best of professional colleges. They shared lot of their anecdotes and stories of their training college. 

These stories settled in my mind. Moreover, my husband also shared with me many stories of training college, where he went for corporate grooming for many months after my marriage.

What according to you is different about your book?


This book, I’d like to call it an assorted entertainment kit, or a riveting puzzle.

As you go page by page, you are gathering snippets, which to the end gives the answer to all your queries.

Also, you would really miss the kernel boredom because the book is packed with thrillers and mixed circumstances, which would keep your curiosity bolted till the end.

Which particular character did you feel most close to? Why?

I am not close to any of the characters. I have created characters through sheer imagination.

What was the most challenging part about writing ‘The First Trillionaire’?

The first trillionaire is a story in the truest sense. Many times, maintaining coherence was very difficult for me. There were lot of inconsistencies in the story. I wrote the book in excel sheets by creating character first, then I expanded the story. 

Story was so inconsistent, that many times, it was very difficult for me to understand, how it would move forward. I consulted lot of people for help but finally, I had to work on my own. 

But one big help came from a senior editor with big publishing house who read the book and separated various concepts of particularly chapter 13 and chapter 15. She also advised me to name my chapters.

How did Facebook, Bihar and even faith come to play a role in your book?

I have lots of friends on Facebook and it motivates me; it has linked family, friends and neighbours together. I hail from Bihar and know the socioeconomic fabric there. Ideas related to Facebook and Bihar came easily to me and made writing of this book quite easy. Whole concept of the book is about blessings and faith.

Could you tell the readers about your experiences and how it was related to what you wrote?

I am a housewife, who lived among bankers. After marriage, my husband and his friends discussed banking more than their household issues. ‘The First Trillionaire’ is a story of a Banker.

Any advice to writers that would like to be published today? How tough is it to be published?

Writing a book is a ‘blessing’, but getting it published is the game of endurance. There is a lot of hard work that needs to be accounted for before getting any book published.

The first and foremost requirement is to find a publisher, if you made an unerring choice, half your worries are taken care of. Also, never approach the future of your book with any preconceived notion; rather simply trust your abilities and be optimistic.

What is the next book that you have planned?

We are writing ‘The Integrators’. It is a story of the share market, corporate poaching of employee and logistic companies. Moreover, it describes about a planet naming zero, where mathematics and astrology are more important than literature and art.
 
Which book are you currently reading?

I read 'Power' by Rhonda Byrne on daily basis. I might have read this book a hundred times. Even if I read this book now, it gives me fresh energy.
Rhonda Bryne

Who are your favourite authors and why?

I am fan of Rhonda Byrne. This life is a lease given to me by her. Many times I felt low, but her book gave me an uplift. I love 'Power', most among all her books.


What else do you do on a daily basis? 

Ever since I’m caught in the ‘lake of words’, everything else was secondary for me. But I never miss anything in my life. Words help me keep a positive attitude, so all my secondary priorities never feel any drop.

While my mind exercises with words, yoga helps my body keep up with the pace; also, I like jogging and badminton.The family is a feeling for me, so my daily life always has some ‘quality time’ to fortify relations.

You can  Read the Review, too and Buy the Book, here as well.


No comments: