Flipkart - Search Bar

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Author Interview : PC Balasubramanian, author of ‘Ready... Steady... Exit' (Part 2)



Read up, the Interview with PC Balasubramanian (Part 2). In this section, he talks of the most fulfilling parts in the book, the characters he felt most close to, his next book, and also his favourite authors, and then a lot more. I really should let the interview flow, Folks...

What is the most fulfilling part, now that you have written the first fiction?

The most fulfilling part was that I could finally get into fiction writing.

Now, it is even more fulfilling as the book is doing well, and I am getting rave reviews and feedback. Most readers seem to be highly satisfied. Hence, am being accepted as a storyteller and that’s really fulfilling.

Any advice to writers that would like to be published today? How tough is it to be published?

Just write, be original and don’t worry about the prospects of getting it published till you complete writing. Write about what you are comfortable with and keep it simple. It is important that you fall in love with your own work before others explore the same.

It is tough to get published by a reputed, established and dependable traditional publisher and there are no two ways about it, yet it is doable.

Who was it that told you that you could become the author, you are today?

No one really in fact, many were surprised. I must say that my
admiration and respect for Rajinikanth brought out the writer in me and as regards fiction, my good friend and celebrity author Ravi Subramanian, gave me the confidence and encouragement to attempt, when I sought his views.

What is the next book that you have planned?

Could be another fiction, I may not be able to stick to one genre of books / writing. I write what I feel and what I can. Next could be an emotional drama!

Which book are you currently reading?

I am reading three books now – ‘Sourav Ganguly Cricket, Captaincy and Controversy’ by Saptarshi Sarkar, I am a huge fan of Dada, then ‘Freedom from the Unknown’ by J Krishnamurti and ‘The Guide’ by R K Narayan. I am actually reading ‘The Guide’ for the second time!
 
Who are your favourite authors and why?
 
Somehow, I love reading the work of Indian authors as I relate to them easily though, I do read some books of foreign authors too. For instance, the books on leadership, written by Prakash Iyer that are so easy to read and relate to, though there are several foreign authors writing on similar subjects. 

I don’t read too many books and I read fiction as well as non-fiction. I even pick up books written by not-so-popular authors, as most times, one finds such authors could surprise you with their creativity, simplicity and writing style.

Khaled Hosseini
Ravi Subramanian
I have enjoyed the books authored by Khaled Hosseini, Shobhaa De, Jeffrey Archer, Hussain Zaidi, Amish Tripathi, Ravi Subramanian, Prakash Iyer, Subroto Bagchi, Paulo Coelho, R K Narayan and Chetan Bhagat to mention a few, and not in any particular order. 

As I said earlier, I do not restrict myself to only the celebrity authors and I don’t read all the books from these authors. It all depends upon what I love to read, at any given point of time.

What else do you do on a daily basis?

I run a company and hold a very responsible position as Executive
PC Balasubramanian
Director and President of Matrix Business Services India P Ltd, a leader in business assurance services.

Writing is one way of expressing myself, and I also speak on invitation on specific subjects.

What advice do you have for people who are trying to debut in fiction and non-fiction, as well?

Just write and follow your heart. Don’t clone and be original. As long as you have something unique and interesting, everything will fall in place. Take the advice and directions from people who have written books, it might help you.

Have patience and be kind to yourself, writing any kind of book and getting it published is such a journey, one must experience to know what it takes.

You can reach him at write2pcbala@gmail.com
Website: www.pcbala.com

 

You can Read my Review, the First Part of the Interview here, and Buy the Book right here.

 


No comments: