Flipkart - Search Bar

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Author Interview : Jaydeep Khot, author of ‘50 Miles : A Reverse Journey' (Part 1)

Jaydeep Khot
Read up, the first part of this interview, which is almost as short as the book. :) And therefore I will not take up any more time. 

This contains how the book happened, how much of the story was a personal experience and how much imagination, and the most challenging bits of writing this book, Folks...

How did ‘50 Miles : A Reverse Journey’ happen?  And what were your resources?

One fine day, I was sitting in college and the idea struck me.
The idea of writing something in reverse.

My college had completed 50 years, so 50, came into existence and I am a marathon runner so, miles came to existence. Hence, 50 Miles.

There were no resources for the content as it was a combination of imagination and personal experiences.

Could you describe the journey from ‘Age 50’ to ‘Age 0’?

I tried my best.

I am working on a detailed version of 50 Miles as a result of many requests from the readers asking for a more elaborate version.

How much of the story was a personal experience? The education, to the love and marriage, children and finally the various businesses…

The Carter Road teaching scene is a personal experience. Everything else is just pure imagination.

Love, marriage and children, which I have written about is my personal idea of an ideal confusion.

The businesses are my ideal fantasy.

What according to you is different about your book?

The reverse journey. It was been narrated in a reverse, sequence which we do not find in the market.

I researched for a year to check whether such an idea already existed in the market. Luckily, it didn’t.

Another thing different is that my book is precise and does not include unnecessary content and research.

How would you relate the lives of characters to the lives today? Any similarites?
I believe every human being goes through these life experiences sometime or the other in their lifetime.

If you take out the life accounts of people, it would need a detailed research and analysis to find out the similarities. The efforts will not go in vain.

This could even lead to an interesting real life based novel.

What was the most challenging part about writing ‘50 Miles : A Reverse Journey’?

The reverse journey. It was the most challenging part because I had to do a lot of brainstroming and make a separate pile of notes to be on the right track. I had to write it in reverse. There were a lot of times, when I had to edit my content because it was written in a going forward manner rather than going reverse.

I have spent a lot of sleepless nights for this book. I even had to take a lot of medicines because I used to end up with severe headache after the process of writing.





No comments: